Bluetooth Pets - looking back on an old project
Bluetooth Pets is initially planning to fulfil the need for alternative Bluetooth head sets, a market we have identified, based on the large volume of head sets that have been sold in the last five years and the reluctance of a significant number of people to use them.
Bluetooth Pets will create portable, Bluetooth enabled personal/conference call devices with character and uniqueness Our goal is to:
- Approach two main markets with the same product, Bluetooth Head sets & Vinyl Toys
- Create sufficiently anthropomorphic characters as to give added value to the end user.
- use the initial product to gain manufacturing experience whilst creating a new market niche.
- Overall to apply Bluetooth technology in new and innovative ways.
1.2. Keys to Success
- Fully understand and be able to successfully implement JSR-82 into products.
- Manufacture to the demanding quality standards expected of the vinyl toy market.
- Attract "Names" to create skins for the products.
- Have a consistent and staged evolution of the products to reduce chance of failure.
Bluetooth Enabled Toys & Devices.
Initially as alternate hands free communication devices for mobile phones, PC's etc but with a sufficiently creative design/Casing/Branding to be considered a "Pet"
This aspect will be built upon in subsequent developments to create something that could be considered a pet in its own right, along the lines of a tamagochi but with a networked aspect.
All the Stages of the product will have a secondary "added value" that is the will be of sufficient quality and design to be considered collectible in their own right as part of the emerging market for design lead Vinyl Toys.
1.9 Market Analysis Summary
As the products have two main attributes this leads to two main markets.
- Communication Device
- Vinyl Toys
So now it all feels a little pretentious but i can remember at the time being completely convinced it was the best thing since sliced bread, i had 3d prototypers lined up, a working model, funds etc.
And so back to the reason for this rather long winded post, should I have gone ahead? Was it a good idea or was I right to step back?